Personal Information Protection Policy
NISSHO ELECTRONICS CORPORATION contributes to society by providing the Japanese market with the world's cutting-edge technology in the information communications and electronics field.
Going forward, we will continue to provide optimal solutions to enrich society as "your best partner".
We may collect personal information in the course of our business activities based on this policy, and we believe we have an important responsibility as a company to recognize the importance of personal information and to manage such personal information properly.
We have established the following Personal Information Protection Policy and we will work to protect personal information by operating a personal information protection management system, which we will constantly work to improve.
- We shall comply with internal regulations that prescribe the proper acquisition, use, and provision of personal information, taking the details and scale of our operations into consideration.
- All personal information we collect from customers shall be used for the purpose and within the scope of use approved by the customer concerned, and we shall maintain and comply with rules and procedures necessary to avoid deviating from the purpose and scope of use.
- We shall take preventative measures against unauthorized access to personal information, and personal information loss, destruction, falsification, and leaks, and we shall promptly take corrective measures if accidents occur.
- We shall appropriately and promptly respond to complaints and requests for consultations from individuals concerned.
- We shall comply with personal information laws, and instructions, guidelines, and other standards set by the government.
- We shall promote activities to constantly improve our personal information protection management system.
Established: July 1, 2002
Revised: August 20, 2016
President & CEO
NISSHO ELECTRONICS CORPORATION
Handling Personal Information
In order to use our services, NISSHO ELECTRONICS CORPORATION may collect information (personal information) from customers that may enable an individual to be identified such as their name, address, telephone number, or email address. We handle personal information based on the following Personal Information Protection Initiatives when collecting and using personal information.
(Please note that customers may not be able to use some services if they do not disclose certain personal information.)
Personal Information Protection Initiatives
- The Company shall appoint a custodian in each division to handle customers' personal information, and shall ensure custodians properly manage personal information.
- When collecting personal information directly from customers, the Company shall collect personal information to the extent necessary, having notified customers of the purpose of use, the contact point at the Company, and the scope of companies to which the Company will provide their personal information.
- The Company shall properly manage personal information collected from customers, and unless provided for in laws and regulations, the Company shall not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining prior consent from the customer concerned.
- Customers should inform their contact at the Company when wishing to make inquiries or amend, etc. their personal information. The Company shall respond promptly within a reasonable scope.
- The Company shall comply with applicable laws, regulations, and standards concerning the personal information we retain and shall appropriately review and improve our initiatives with respect to each of the above items.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information Acquired
The Company collects and uses customers' personal information within the scope of the following purposes. We shall notify customers if we need to use personal information in excess of the scope of the purpose specified when we collected information.
- To perform work based on contracts executed by the customer and the Company
- To make contact for business purposes
- To provide products and services (including product maintenance and technical support)
- To introduce products and services offered by the Company and group companies
- To inform of seminars and exhibitions organized (hosted, co-hosted, supported, sponsored) by the Company and group companies
- To request the submission of surveys, including customer satisfaction surveys
- To respond to inquiries or requests from customers
- To conduct administrative work relating to shares
- To contact and provide information to job applicants relating to recruitment
- For other purposes notified and agreed to by customers in advance
Please check here for information on the purpose for which we use personal information on employees, etc.
Find out more here.(PDF:139KB)
* Please check here for information on group companies. Group companies
Provision to Third Parties
Unless provided for in laws and regulations, the Company shall not supply personal information to third parties without obtaining prior consent from the customer concerned.
The Company may entrust personal information provided to the Company to a contractor in order to perform the purpose of use. The Company selects contractors that implement necessary security measures and properly manages contractors.
Collecting Personal Information via our Website
Information registered using our website is protected using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) data encryption technology as a network security measure. Furthermore, when collecting personal information using our website, we clearly indicate that effect and do not gather personal information on customers who merely visit the website.
Procedures to Disclose, Correct (add, delete), or Suspend Use, etc. of Personal Information
Customers who wish to conduct procedures to disclose, correct (add, delete), or suspend use, etc. of personal information collected by the Company should complete the necessary details in a "Personal Information Disclosure, Correction, or Deletion Request Form" specified by the Company and submit the form to the relevant employee (or attach the form to an email or fax or post the form to the Point of Contact for Inquiries Concerning Personal Information if the relevant employee is unknown).
We may contact you after receiving a request form to confirm the identity of the person making the request.
Personal Information Disclosure, Correction, or Deletion Request Forms can be downloaded from the following link or can be requested by emailing or telephoning the Point of Contact for Inquiries Concerning Personal Information (Point of Contact for Consultations and Complaints).
Download a "Personal Information Disclosure, Correction, or Deletion Request Form" (PDF: 86.5KB)
The Company has established a policy for processing personal data on individuals held within the EEA.
Personal Information Management Officer
Director & Managing Executive Officer
NISSHO ELECTRONICS CORPORATION
Point of Contact for Inquiries Concerning Personal Information Protection Initiatives (Point of Contact for Consultations and Complaints)
Legal & Compliance Section
Risk Management Department
NISSHO ELECTRONICS CORPORATION
3-5, Nibancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-0084 Japan